Monday, September 23, 2024

ICC launches theme song of Women T20 World Cup 2024

The ICC has released the official event song 'Whatever It Takes' ahead of the Women's World Cup starting in the UAE from October 3. The song, released on the YouTube channel, also launches an official music video along with the sound-track, which shows a cinematic preview of the tournament. It shows important moments of women's cricket. Releasing a press release on Monday, ICC General Manager (Marketing and Communications) Claire Farlong said, "The ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2024 is the perfect platform for world-class players. Women's cricket is firmly established on the global stage and we aim to further enhance its recognition with the launch of the official event song. This song will inspire the coming generation of women's cricket."

The song is performed by all-girl pop group W.i.S.H.

This song is sung by India's first female pop group W.i.S.H. The music director of the song is Mickey McCleary and the composer is Parth Parekh. It is produced by Bay Music House. This song has been released by ICC on its YouTube channel.

Cricket is a powerful force: W.i.S.H. girl group ​​​​​​

W.i.S.H. girl group said at the song launch, We are extremely proud to announce that as an all-girls group, we have created the official event song for the Women's T20 World Cup. Cricket is a powerful force that unites people in our country and around the world, and it is an honour to contribute to such a tournament. Being huge fans of Jemimah Rodrigues and Smriti Mandhana, we wanted them to do the hook step of the song.

Talking about the song, Music Director Mickey McCleary said, “We have captured the excitement and energy of T20 cricket in this song and I can’t wait for cricket fans around the world to hear it.”

World Cup shifted from Bangladesh to UAE

The Women's T20 World Cup was shifted from Bangladesh due to political instability in Bangladesh. The International Cricket Council (ICC) had informed about the World Cup being held in UAE, although Bangladesh is the host country.

The matches of this tournament, which is going to start on October 3, will be played at Dubai International and Sharjah grounds in UAE. Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe Cricket Boards had also shown interest in hosting the tournament in their country, but the council decided to hold the matches in UAE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marvel Studios has released the first trailer for Thunderbolts

Marvel Studios has released the first trailer for Thunderbolts , its highly anticipated film that will premiere in May 2025. The film will...